Interview conducted by Barbara Middleton on April 6th 2008 with Thad Box about the bells of Europe and modern bells. This is the third session in a four-part interview.
Nago family girl in kimono, Brigham City, Utah, January 1932.
Japanese study exhibit in a Box Elder High School classroom
Japanese funeral, 1930
This financial report shows the incomes, expenses, and cash on hand for the Logan Rotary club during the 1951-1952 fiscal year.
These blueprints detail the interior layout of the original wing of the Student Union Building (today's TSC). Over the next sixty years, the Student Union Building would undergo various renovations, expansions and be renamed the Taggart Student…
This report written by Emil Hansen details the conditions of grounds of colleges and universities across the United States. In 1920, President E.G. Peterson would have been considering hosting the National Summer School program at the Utah…
View of the Art Barn, formerly used as a horse barn for the Agricultural Experiment Station, circa 1962. Size of photograph: 8 x 10 in.
Architectural drawing of the Fine Arts Center. 'Perspective from southwest'.
The north wing of Old Main in flames during the December 19, 1983 fire.
Unknown man standing on Old Main Hill, next to rows of trees and shrubs. The President's Residence, Director's Residence, Experiment Station, and the north wing of Old Main can be seen in the background. Extension Service photo.
Old Main decorated with flags of the allied nations on the occasion of the return of the 145th Field Artillery to Logan for demobilization, January 16, 1919. See also USU A-0116, USU A-136, USU A-0191-a, USU A-1515 and USU A-1516. See also Buzzer…
Women's physical education class located in the gymnasium on the third floor of the north wing of Old Main, ca. 1902.
Karl C. Schaub's architectural drawing of Old Main, 1892. The college abandoned this design after a severe reduction in funding due to the economic panic of 1893. Size of photograph: 5.25 x 8.5 in.
View of the Merrill Library from the northwest, 1940s. The university built the library in 1930.
Students in the Library Reading Room, located in the north wing of Old Main, 1903. Librarian Sarah Brown Goodwin (Mrs. C. I. Goodwin) behind the loan desk. See also P0014 7:171
Creamery in the basement of Old Main, circa 1903. Dairy Science classes were taught here. Size of photograph: 8 x 10 in.
First faculty of the Agricultural College of Utah: (Standing from left to right) E. S. Richman, Horticulture and Botany; J.M. Sholl, Mechanical Engineering; Abbie L. Marlatt, Domestic Science; Sarah G. B. Goodwin, Music and Library; H.L. Everett,…
Clinton Lichty and Carl Jensen of Logan harvest a bed of cannas in front of Old Main, 1950s. Size of photograph: 10 x 8 in.
Entry of Lund Hall, 1937, with two sets of French doors. Wall clock shows time photograph was taken: 3:48 pm. Size of photograph: 4.5 x 6.5 in.
View outside the front entrance of the Lyric Theatre on its opening night under USU auspices, Monday, April 3, 1961. Cars are parked diagonally in front of the the Theatre. The play being performed was "Hamlet". Size of photograph: 7.5 x 7.25 in.
Plant Industry building, today known as the Geology Building, in 1921. Size of photograph: 3.75 x 6.25 in.
Bullen Hall shortly after completion.
Opening Night at the Lyric Theatre for Hamlet, the first production under University auspices, Monday, April 3, 1961, 8:15 p.m. Size of photograph: 9.75 x 7.75 in.
This image shows a football game between the UAC Aggies and Colorado, 1918. Stiefel is carrying the ball. Size of photograph: 3 x 5 in.
ROTC military formation with rifles on the Quad, circa 1918. Half of the men are in uniform and the other half are dressed in jackets and ties. Snow is on the ground. Notice the Animal Science Building under construction in the background. Size of…
Students' Army Training Corps (SATC) barracks in the men's gym in the Smart Gymnasium, 1918. Size of photograph: 10 x 8 in.
A student family at the door of their trailer home, 1940s. Size of photograph: 4.75 x 6.75 in.
Three women drinking sodas in the Temporary Union Building (TUB), 1947. The TUB was used from 1946 to 1952 when the present Student Union building was completed. Size of photograph: 8 x 10 in.
College Bluebird, campus restaurant, 1947. Size of photograph: 4 x 5 in.
Basketball player driving to the basket, circa 1970. Size of photograph: 3 x 4.5 in.
Quonset Hut housing under construction, summer 1946.
Aerial view of buildings around the Quad. Size of photograph: 5 x 7 in.
Aerial view of campus looking south, Fall 1958. Size of photograph: 8 x 9.75 in.
Model Barn, 1898. View from N.N.W. Photo used to illustrate 1899-1900 catalog. This general purpose barn stood just south of present Maeser Laboratory. Size of photograph: 7.5 x 9.25 in.
Street view looking east at the E.G. Peterson Agricultural Science building.
Looking east at the Mechanic Arts Building after renovations which added a second floor to the north and south wings of the structure.
The Mechanic Arts building shortly after being rebuilt following the September 11, 1905 fire which destroyed the structure.
East High Rise with corner of High Rise Plaza Cafeteria, 1966. Buildings erected 1964-1966. First occupied Fall Quarter 1966. Size of photograph: 5 x 7 in
The President's Garden, 1960s. Designed by Laval Morris and constructed in 1965 for President and Mrs. Chase. Size of photograph: 5 x 7 in.
English Building, formerly the Agricultural Engineering Building and later the Education Building, built in 1918. Size of photograph: 5 x 8.75 in.
Family Life and Education Buildings, 1940. Size of photograph: 3.5 x 6 in.
Dormitories, Moen, Greaves, Reeder Halls, 1958. Wall of Merrill Hall (built 1957-58) shows at extreme left. View from west. Size of photograph: 7.5 x 9.25 in.
UAC Horse Barn from the southeast. This structure later became the Art Barn in the 1950s and was demolished in 2015.
Fine Arts Center, 1968. 2 photos.Size of photograph: 5 x 7 in
University Center 1953 dedicated May 2, 1953. East Addition dedicated Dec 3, 1964. Size of photograph: 5.5 x 9.25 in.
Front of the Family Life Building, built in the 1930's using Public Works Administration Funds.
Quonset and prefab housing erected on campus after 1946 to accommodate veterans and their families attending school on GI Bill after World War II. Aerial photo looking north. Size of photograph: 8 x 10 in.
Union Building, Utah State University, at night, Spring 1966. The university dedicated the Student Center May 2, 1953, and the east addition on Dec. 3, 1964. The Student Union Building name changed to the Taggart Student Center around 1980. Size of…
Animal Science Building, circa 1923, looking from south. The Animal Science Building opened for classes in 1920. Size of photograph: 4 x 5.5 in.