Brigham Young College: The West Building
The West Building
In 1898 crews completed construction of the West Building, which was the largest structure on campus. It was 188 feet long by 86 feet wide and three stories tall. The building contained 15 classrooms, a gymnasium, and a general assembly hall. The gymnasium was used for both physical education classes and school dances. The library also occupied the third floor of the West Building, having moved from its previous location in the East Building. When the school grounds transferred to Logan High School after the closing of BYC, the high school utilized much of this building.