Brigham Young College: Student Publications
Students published their first newspaper, The Record, on a biweekly basis from November 1892 to May 1893. In 1903 they started The Crimson, which was published as a monthly until 1920 when it became a biweekly publication until the school’s closing in 1926. The Crimson was originally issued in the form of a pamphlet and changed to a folio newspaper format when it went bi-weekly.
To view the monthlies and newspapers, click on an image of a cover below. This will open a new page describing that particular publication. Then click on the large image of the publication in order to scroll through the pages of that publication. The Special Collections and Archives at Utah State University maintains copies of a number of the student publications but does not have a full run; therefore, there are gaps in the list of publications presented below in this digital exhibit.